The Center for Outreach, Mentorship, and Empowerment (COME) is a human capital development center where visions are shaped, and talents are developed to bridge the transformational leadership gap at all levels in African societies. Our mission is to empower students and young professionals through leadership development, mentorship, research and outreach. To achieve this mission, we collect and use information about you. Your privacy is our top priority. We promise to use your data with the high security and will never sell or share your information with any other organization for marketing purposes.
The reason why we collect your personal data
The Center for Outreach, Mentorship, and Empowerment collects and uses personal data to achieve our mission of empowering students and young professionals though leadership development, mentorship, research and outreach. We may collect and store data on individuals who have interacted with or direct to us, who are interested in our organization and believe in our mission. We may store information collected in alignment with these goals for as long as we deem it beneficial to our organization.
Our legitimate interest in furthering our mission does not automatically override your interests, and we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you.
Your “Personal Data” includes any and all information that allows COME to identify you as individual. This may include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, country of residence, industry, and other information about your identity.
How does the COME collect my personal data?
- Booking and Events Registration: COME may store any personal information you provide to us while attending our sponsored event or responding to an invitation from you to us. This can be conferences, workshops, trainings, and others. We take photos and recordings at our events and workshops (this include our panelist, or attendee, etc.…); these information may be stored in our database or used for promotional materials. We may also collect feedback and any other optional information. We will indicate on the form which data is required.
- Third parties: We may receive personal data about you from other sources, including your company/organization, professional references, publicly available sources, and other third parties.
- Social media: We might collect your personal information via your social media account ID or username and other information included in your posts. If you choose to log in to your account with or through a social networking service, we and that service provider may share certain information about you and your activities.
We do not collect personal information from visitors to our site, unless the information is specifically provided by a visitor – for example, by subscribing to our newsletter.
How we use your personal data
COME may use your personal data include:
- To process event registrations for our events.
- Get in touch with you by responding to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To provide information to those who may be interested in learning more about our us.
- To personalize or otherwise improve our communications with you and our stakeholders.
- To conduct research, evaluations and outreach to individuals or organizations who we reasonably believe may have an interest in our work.
- Provide you with more relevant content to which you may be subscribed.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
How is your personal data protected?
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized disclosure of your personal data, and our website has security measures in place to protect the information under our control. Only authorized individuals have access to our database.
Where will my personal data be stored?
We securely store your data in a restricted-access database. If you are outside of Ghana, you may be located in a region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use or disclosure that differ from Ghanaian laws, which do not have the same data protection laws. By providing us with your data, you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to Ghana as indicated above and the application of Ghanaian laws to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
On some occasions, our use of your personal data may require express consent from you. We will not knowingly process data for a purpose that requires consent without obtaining such consent from you.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Center for Outreach Mentorship and Empowerment does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to contact us to request access to the personal data we hold on you, the purposes for which that data has been processed, the period for which we intend to store it, and the identity of any third parties to whom it has been disclosed.
- You have the right to request that we rectify outdated or incorrect personal data.
- You have the right to restrict our use of your data.
- You have the right to request that we permanently delete all of your personal data from our records.
How to stop receiving messages from us
If you have subscribed to our mailing list, you have the right to opt-out of receiving materials from us at any time. Please note that an “opt‐out” of our mailing list does not constitute a request to have your personal data permanently deleted from our database.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or the address and numbers listed below.
Adjacent Valley View University,
Telephone: (+233) 591 485783